Director of Client Services (Birmingham)
Director of Client Services (Midlands)
Group Client Services Director
Due to continued growth, both organically and through
acquisitions, we are now looking for an experienced and customer-focused
Director of Client Services (Midland) on a full-time basis to join our
Birmingham Broking team.
Our successful candidate is someone who is keen to take on
responsibility of managing the accounts team in Xenia's Birmingham
office. We are looking for a competent and hands-on leader who will
safeguard the local revenue, manage and support Midlands Account
Management team and work with new business colleague to deliver growths
in revenue and EBITDA.
This role is perfect for an experienced Client Service Manager or
Client Relations Manager professional with a prover track record of
meeting and exceeding targets and growing a profitable book of Trace
Credit Insurance clients.
The Xenia Broking Group comprises of two of our entities Credit Risk
Solutions Ltd and Credit & Business Finance Limited who are
specialist Trade Credit Brokers and amongst the top 3 in the market.
Therefore, an experience from a Trade Credit broking compliance would be
beneficial but not essential.
- Build relationships with key clients both within own portfolio and
those of direct local reports ensuring adherence to FCA and internal
- Collaboration with Account Brokers and trainees to offer practical training and guidance;
- Development of client relationships, ensuring all are visited on an
annual basis (minimum requirement). Monitoring of direct reports in
relation to this;
- Training clients on basic policy administration;
- Supporting/advising clients on credit limit appeals, overdue
accounts, negotiation of claims, and submission of turnover
- Timely negotiation of client renewals in accordance with compliance guidelines;
- Act as point of contact for complaints and escalate issues as
appropriate; Managing and developing underwriter and other professional
- Working with new business team to identify local target companies and grow sales.
- Ensuring records and those of direct reports are fully and properly maintained on Goldmine database;
- Provide management information to the Directors and Executives.
- Prepare Balanced Scorecards and review performance on a quarterly basis;
- Ensure that Xenia Brand and code of conduct is adhered to at all times both within the workplace or at other external events;
- Adhere to Xenia policies;
- Refer any matter beyond the level of an individual’s experience or authority to their line manager;
- Complete a minimum of 15 hours of continuous professional development annually.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Ideally educated to a degree (e.g Business Studies, Economics), as a
minimum to A’Levels with strong performance in English and Mathematics
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Good instinct for business
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple tasks within a high pressured environment, including working to tight deadlines
- Accurate record keeping
- IT literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are essential
Knowledge / Experience
- Practical hands-on experience in the Credit Insurance industry
managing, retaining and growing a book of TCI clients; working in a
reputable brokerage firm
- Proven experience as a Client Service Manager or Client Relations Manager
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Experience tracking relevant KPIs
Contact email: [email protected]