Account Broker (Manchester)
Director of Client Services
We are seeking to hire an organised and customer-focused Account Broker to work with the team in our busy and dynamic office in Manchester. This is an office-based role supporting the Account Managers with a prospect of becoming one yourself in time as you progress within the role. You will be a day-to-day point of contact for clients in relation to basic policy administration. Duties include supporting clients with credit limits, policy documentation, dealing with overdue accounts, claims, declarations of turnover, accounting queries, processing of no claims/low claims bonuses. The Account Broker will be responsible for accurate filing and recording of correspondence with clients and Underwriters. Maintaining up-to-date and accurate recording of contacts and policy records/documentation on Goldmine database.
- Establishing and maintaining client records in hard copy files and Goldmine database;
- Supporting/advising clients with credit limit applications, appeals and monitoring progress of these;
- Advising clients in relation to reporting of overdue accounts;
- Supporting clients in relation to submission and negotiation of claims;
- Advising clients in relation to declarations of turnover and submission of these as appropriate;
- Supporting clients in relation to accounting queries – premium payments, policy adjustments etc;
- Supporting colleagues in relation to management of renewal negotiations;
- Undertaking discussions with Underwriters, as appropriate, in relation to all of the above;
- Ensuring that Xenia Brand and code of conduct is adhered to at all times both within the workplace or at other external events;
- Referring any matter beyond the level of an individual’s experience or authority to their line manager;
- Completing a minimum of 15 hours of continuous professional development annually.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge/Experience
- Typically educated to graduate, but as a minimum to GCSE level and with strong performance in English and Mathematics;
- Excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail;
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple tasks within a high pressured environment, including working to tight deadlines;
- Good communication skills and customer focused;
- Accurate record keeping;
- IT literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are essential.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in Trade Credit insurance.
To apply for this position please email: [email protected]
Return to all vacancies